nav-left cat-right
cat-right

Quotes About Adoption

My kids & I love adoption quotes. Here’s some that would be great for an adoption lifebook or maybe stenciled or framed on a child’s wall. If you know any other quotes about adoption, please share them in a comment.

I have four children. Two are adopted. I forget which two.”
-Bob Constantine

Every baby needs a lap.”
– Henry Robin

“I didn’t give you the gift of life,
But in my heart I know.
The love I feel is deep and real,
As if it had been so.
For us to have each other
Is like a dream come true.
No, I didn’t give you The gift of life,
Life gave me the gift of you.”
– Unknown

“Adoption is when a child grew in its mommy’s heart instead of her tummy.”
– Unknown

“Not flesh of my flesh, nor bone of my bone,
but still miraculously my own.
Never forget for a single minute,
you didn’t grow under my heart, but in it.”
– Unknown

“Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother.”
– Oprah Winfrey

“There are no unwanted children, just unfound families.”
– The National Adoption Center

“I did not make you in my own image;
I created you from the imagery of my heart.
– Nancy McGuire Roche

“However motherhood comes to you it’s a miracle.
– Valerie Harper

Blood, a family does not make,
Nor the candles on a birthday cake.
Only love from the heart,
Causes a family to start.
– Ron Gentle, an adoptive father

Adoption Quotes: Part Two
Adoption Quotes: Part Three

Tags: , , ,

Related posts

14 Responses to “Quotes About Adoption”

1. Holly Schwendiman says:

I always enjoy reading quotes like this, even if I’ve read them many times before. I just love reading expressions from the hearts of others. Thanks so much for dropping by my corner! I look forward to getting to know you.

Hugs,
    Holly

2. Kathy says:

Thanks for the wonderful quotes and poems! I’m printing those out and saving them.

3. Joanne says:

Hi Holly-thanks for stopping by!

Kathy…I’m glad you enjoyed them. I have a bunch more to share. Smile

4. :: Suzanne :: says:

So glad you joined us in the Adoption Roundup. Enjoyed the quotes.

5. Joanne says:

Thanks Suzanne-I enjoyed reading the other posts!

6. melody says:

I never tire of reading beautiful quotes, especially about adoption which is how I was blessed with 3 of my four beautiful sons.

I’m participating in Adoption Roundup and found your through it.

7. Joanne says:

Hi Melody Smile Thanks for stopping by. What’s the link to your blog?
    By the way-I just love your name!

8. :: Suzanne :: says:

Just wanted to let you know that the Adoption BlogPost RoundUp round-up is up!

9. Vabchsun says:

Would like to find some poems about step-parent adoptions or announcement suggestions

10. carmen ulloa says:

hey you guy’s.!!!
    how r you i just stop by to say hiiiiiiiiii. (=

11. I love reading these quotes! As an adoptive mother of 3 they came in very handy when we first brought them into our home 5 years ago. I now use them on my FB page since I know work for an adoption agency and provide support group meetings for adoptive and waiting to adopt families! Thank You!

12. Robin Swayzer says:

I was once told by my parents, “Don’t let people tease you because you are adopted.” We were told to tell them,”We are more special because we were chosen not just born to that family.” My twin brother and I were adopted together.So in other words, “The adopted children are more special than other children because we are chosen by our parents.”

13. joye says:

Okay i am crying now. These were so sweet to read. Im adopted and i feel so special after reading these.

14. Elle says:

Aww I absolutely love these. I’ve always wanted to adopt a child someday and I hope I get the chance to do so! xo

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CommentLuv badge

Click to Insert Smiley

SmileBig SmileGrinLaughFrownBig FrownCryNeutralWinkKissRazzChicCoolAngryReally AngryConfusedQuestionThinkingPainShockYesNoLOLSillyBeautyLashesCuteShyBlushKissedIn LoveDroolGiggleSnickerHeh!SmirkWiltWeepIDKStruggleSide FrownDazedHypnotizedSweatEek!Roll EyesSarcasmDisdainSmugMoney MouthFoot in MouthShut MouthQuietShameBeat UpMeanEvil GrinGrit TeethShoutPissed OffReally PissedMad RazzDrunken RazzSickYawnSleepyDanceClapJumpHandshakeHigh FiveHug LeftHug RightKiss BlowKissingByeGo AwayCall MeOn the PhoneSecretMeetingWavingStopTime OutTalk to the HandLoserLyingDOH!Fingers CrossedWaitingSuspenseTremblePrayWorshipStarvingEatVictoryCurseAlienAngelClownCowboyCyclopsDevilDoctorFemale FighterMale FighterMohawkMusicNerdPartyPirateSkywalkerSnowmanSoldierVampireZombie KillerGhostSkeletonBunnyCatCat 2ChickChickenChicken 2CowCow 2DogDog 2DuckGoatHippoKoalaLionMonkeyMonkey 2MousePandaPigPig 2SheepSheep 2ReindeerSnailTigerTurtleBeerDrinkLiquorCoffeeCakePizzaWatermelonBowlPlateCanFemaleMaleHeartBroken HeartRoseDead RosePeaceYin YangUS FlagMoonStarSunCloudyRainThunderUmbrellaRainbowMusic NoteAirplaneCarIslandAnnouncebrbMailCellPhoneCameraFilmTVClockLampSearchCoinsComputerConsolePresentSoccerCloverPumpkinBombHammerKnifeHandcuffsPillPoopCigarette